Through its origins as a Sunday School for children in 1948, inception in 1953, opening of the Sanctuary and building in 1958, the Halls in 1972 and the newly enlarged Heath Room in 1993, the fellowship has adapted to a changing community and changing world.

An arson attack destroyed most of the halls complex in April 2000, but with the help of God and the strength, determination and mettle of both congregation and community, the halls were completely rebuilt.